Visit and presentation to 100 kids and parents at the Central Coast Academy of Sport “Bounce Back” forum 2005.
Kerri and Trent gave an hour and half long presentation to over one hundred and ninety Academy Athletes, Coaches and Parents at Forresters Beach Resort, on behalf of Athlete Development Australia and it’s “Bounce Back” Program, which was sponored by MBF. All Athletes, Coaches and Parents took part in various routines where they gained valuable information and advice on how to improve their own performances and gain a winning and positive attitude.
Kerri, who brought with her, her Olympic medals for all to see and inspect, gave everybody an enlightening insight into how she, and her volleyball partner Natalie Cook, set about winning the Gold medal at the Sydney 2000 Olympics. She stressed that it was not only hard work, but also positive thinking and making hard decisions over a four year period, that gained them success.
Trent, however, told different story of how he did not get the success that he desired, and gave the reasons why, in an open and candid manner that surprised the majority of the audience.
The young athletes were told by both presenters that their future success in their chosen sport, was not only having good coaching, but also being prepared to work hard, be positive and making hard decisions.
- NSW Sportswomen Get Out In Front program - Speaker at the launch Dec 2006
Health Services Union's campaign to raise awareness about the need for protection in the sun.
- Positive Choices Community Forum with high school students and aspiring athletes - Oct 2006
- NT Sportsfest - Attended and ran a coaching clinic in Alice Springs for kids - March 2006
- Face of the Health Services Union’s promotion of Sun Safe practices – Feb 2006
- Attended and interviewed at the NSW Sports Awards - Feb 2006
- Attended and presented award to the Male Athlete of the Year (Winner – Grant Hackett) - Australian Sports Awards Feb 2006
- Sydney Coastal Council 2006 Summer Activities Program Launch, Manly - Patron Jan 2006
- Womensport NSW –Ambassador 2006 - current
- Judged the “Best Aussie Meat Pie Competition” with Jonathan Coleman, Susie Maroney, Mark “Spud” Carroll, That’s Life! Editor Linda Smith and Food Editor Darlene Allston